It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to South Africa’s premier athletics club.
The NWU Athletics Club has managed to build a formidable reputation of excellence. The club’s athletes have graced the local and international stages for several decades. The club has won numerous accolades and also produced South Africa’s first-ever track and field world champions (Marius Corbett: javelin - 1997 and Hestrie Cloete: high jump - 2001).
At the NWU we strive towards striking a healthy balance between sports and academics.
We offer the following:
- Track and field (with specialised coaching in all events).
- Cross Country
- Road Running.
In addition to this the NWU arguably has the best coaching staff in the country, including two Olympic coaches.
Most recent achievements:
- Current USSA Track and Field champions (overall winners for the fourth consecutive year)!
- Current Varsity-Athletics champions!
- Current USSA Cross Country champions! 2019 NWU club of the year award!
- Jo-Ané van Dyk (javelin): NWU Sportswoman of the year - 2019!
- Chederick van Wyk (sprints): NWU Sportsman of the year - 2019!
If you want to be the best athlete you were meant to be, then the NWU is the place for you. Let our expert coaching staff guide you towards accomplishing your dreams!
“An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head” - Emil Zatopek.